Wednesday, May 14, 2008

TAGGED!!!!

Here i am doing my first tag... tagged by Ashu!!!! Thank u dear... this one's for you....
Though the things are not necessarily in any particular order....

EIGHT THINGS I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT

1) Chocolates and Coffee: I have a very major sweet tooth and can devour atleast five chocolate bars in a single go. Also from the beginning of this year I have developed a major attraction for coffee (me being such a big patron of tea, this is a major development in my life!!!) Now I can’t spend a single day without having my cuppa of coffee.
2) Teddy bears: I just love cuddling to teddy bears; sizes, shapes, colours, and make no bar. I already have a collection of three big and several small teddies. I know that’s a small collection considering my liking for it, but if you are the eldest child even in your extended family, you are touted as the most ‘mature’ and ‘responsible’ one… so living up to that image requires certain sacrifices on your part.
3) Sleeping, listening to music, reading novels: This should have been at number one but never mind… my days can easily be categorised in these three activities… they are the numero uno activities I indulge in ie in sleeping (I can beat the world record holder, touch wood), in listening to music (my dad often complains that my room looks like a pan corner because its always so dirty and always so noisy. If I am not doing anything else I am listening to radio.) And of course since childhood I have been a big reading buff. (I have read everything, from serious to crap fiction, poetry, dramas etc. all genres included, and not to forget newspapers and magazines.)
4) Talking on the phone: Man I have got stamina for this. I can go on and on and on and on…. For hours together. Therefore according to my mum, the best choice for my profession will be a call centre job.
5) Walking: I enjoy taking long walks in the park or just moving around aimlessly. That’s the best time of the day.
6) Meeting friends: Being an extrovert that I am, I enjoy going out, exploring new places and meeting new people. And yes my friends list includes not just my friends, but their friends’ n their friends as well.
7) Dancing: Generally people are bathroom singers, but I am a bathroom cum bedroom dancer ie I dance only when nobody’s watching me. It helps to relieve my stress.
8) Internet: My latest addiction ie internet. Since I am at home nowadays, doing nothing, I have started spending hours and hours on the net.


EIGHT THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE

1) Travel: I want to travel, not only to far off places, but also travel around India, especially Kerela, Pondicherry, Goa, Karnataka. (South India) I have this desire of witnessing the grandeur of pyramids before I finally close my eyes.
2) Buy a house and a car: I want to buy a swanky sports car and a modest house for myself, with my own earned money. But the house would be on a secluded island, and not in any metropolitan city.
3) Own a pet: I am a huge dog lover, and since the time I remember I have always wanted a pet for myself. So that’s the first thing I am going to do with my first salary… buy a pup.
4) Understand people: I seriously need to master the art of understanding people, their psyche and their mood swings. I have had so many fights with my friends on this topic (touch wood the fights could not change a thing between us).
5) Lead a satisfactory life: I may not be having every material thing, but if I have my peace of mind, I would consider myself lucky.
6) Lend my name to a noble social cause: Though I am not a big social activist, but the humanitarian part of me insists on doing something good for the underprivileged kids, maybe in the field of education.
7) Do something for which the world will remember me after my death: I want to be a successful entrepreneur, and lead the company from the front.
8) Always make the people happy: Actually all that I desire can be encapsulated in a single sentence ie I want to make people happy (not only my loved ones, but everybody…. I want to touch the heart of the people who have ever had anything remotely to do with me.)
Also I want to learn guitar n speak French ( did not add to the list because I am going to start doing these from this year onwards.)

EIGHT THINGS I OFTEN SAY

1) Hey wassupp? :: That’s how I greet everyone, may it be through messages, or mails or personally.
2) How can you irritate me so much? :: This line is reserved for my brother, and my very close friends only.
3) I did not mean to say this :: People often misinterpret me, so this is a oft repeated phrase in my vocabulary.
4) I am truly, sincerely sorry :: This line means I am actually sorry, otherwise I am just being sarcastic, nothing else.
5) Shoooooo :: Again reserved for my bro and very close friends, though said with a wink.
6) Ya ya… go on, jhooth pe tax thodi na lagta hai :: That’s when people praise or flirt with me.
7) Achha? Huh huh huh!!! :: This shows the intensity of my sentence.
8) Ohhhhhhhh :: Shows surprise in my vocab.


EIGHT BOOKS I READ RECENTLY

1) The monk who sold his Ferrari: Totally avoidable. Very high on philosophy, in short very boring!!! Some may like it, but I did’nt.
2) The life of Pi: Again did not like it. Some of the parts should have been edited and others needed better expression. The middle part was absolutely disgusting.
3) To kill a mocking bird: Absolutely, absolutely loved it. No two ways about it. I don’t think anybody can actually not like it. Have already read it over a dozen times. In a single word, brilliant!
4) The kite runner: Again loved it. Cried with it too. Absolutely heart rendering, simply fabulous. Plainly told, it made a huge impact. Could not help but think about it for several weeks after I read it.
5) A thousand splendid suns: Good but considering I read it directly after ‘The kite runner’, it could not held on its own. Extremely repetitive.
6) Men are from mars, women are from venus: Did not help me. Period. Instead had a huge fight with one of my friends. Cautionary Warning: If you had a fight and want to make up again, do not send any letters, mails or text messages. Simply pick up the phone and place the call.
7) Taslima Nasrin’s Lajja: Brilliant. But overhyped.
8) Next on my list are Lolita and Opel Mehta.


SONGS I CAN LISTEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN

1) Sabse peeche hum khade by Silk Route.
2) Don’t expect me to be your friend by Lobo.
3) I’ll have to say I love you in a song by Jim Croce
4) Kuch is tarah by Atif
5) Lonely by Akon
6) Chal chale of Woh Lamhe
7) Jeene ke ishare of Phir Milenge
8) Soona soona of Krishna Cottage


EIGHT QUALITIES THAT ATTRACT ME TO MY BEST FRIEND

1) Honesty and straight forwardness.
2) The individuality and uniqueness in each.
3) Ability to understand me and support me.
4) Transparency in relationships.
5) Put up with my mood swings happily.
6) Can laugh as well as cry with me.
7) Fight in a while, yet cannot live without me.
8) Can honestly tell me my mistakes, and not try to impress me.

EIGHT PEOPLE I WANT TO TAG

Actually no one. Since I am new to this blogging world, so I don’t have too many friends who own a blog, and others have already been tagged and done it.

5 comments:

Azra Raphael said...

thanks a lot for dedicating this one to me! tag was cool!
guess we have indeed a lot in common,be it music or taste in books and passions.
chocolate and coffee figure first in my list too!

i loved to kill a mocking bird too.
so haunting and beautiful..

J said...

nicely done....tho the eight things u wish to do bfore u die sounded rather cliche`d.

talk on phone fr long hours....hmm... who knows better...**wink**

Anonymous said...

@raphael
ya i noticed the similarity b/w us too... that means d scope of us to be gud frnds increases manifolds... wat say?

@J
ya who wud kno btr than u... not only this bt i guess many others u hav experienced personally too...

Unknown said...

thanx......wl do it soon

Mohua said...

@reema
do it grl... its been a long tym i hav tagged u... n do it fast!!!