Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Anniversaries and parties!!!


Last week on 23rd July, I completed one full month here… so it’s a happy one month anniversary to me, oops sorry to everyone around here who have braved 30 days in this course. And guess what? Me and my roomies celebrated it in the true MBA spirit.. yap by making assignments, preparing PPTs n writing reports. Celebrations aren’t for us I guess. But we did hug each other, and actually blurted out almost at the same time that it doesn’t seem to be just a relationship of 1 month, it looks like we have known each other for a pretty long time. The way we have adjusted and gotten used to each other’s way often reminds me of the manner new born kittens comfortably curl up with each other and form a circle which gets impenetrable. Having good friends and room mates can only cure homesickness when you are away from home and miss your family and old friends terribly. Also I miss my mum and her kitchen at least thrice a day when we are served either completely burnt food or undercooked ones, either the food’s completely bland or too spicy to eat, and the taste’s too mixed to distinguish one food item from another. I guess this training in hostel life was necessary for me to understand and appreciate the importance of home and family. By the way now we have decided to alternate each week between “complain and cribbing week” and “no complain- no cribbing week” so that we curse our destinies for one week and the next feel thankful to at least get food thrice a day as against the millions who starve and have not the privilege of having food and safe drinking water. That way we balance out our frustration and social consciousness.

Last Friday we had fresher’s party (after one full month) but the wait was worth each day… the party was awesome and I enjoyed till hilt. Danced from 7 in the evening to 11 at night, the music was great and the food yummy.. But after that had difficulty getting up the next morning, and my legs ached for two entire days! But no complains because I am ready to repeat the exercise yet again. Suddenly MBA’s looking very interesting. And the discussions that took place in the class in the next day (we got a period off) was ultimate.. we pulled each other’s legs, imitated how one danced the previous night and clicked photos of the people sleeping during that time (to be converted into a yet another PPT for next year’s Parichay.) But it was truly fun and the interaction that takes place during the 10 minutes break after each session takes away the boredom and refreshes for the next boring lecture. And our favourite pastime includes teaching Tamil and Malayalam students how to speak hindi and they in turn teach me how to speak tamil. Its real fun I tell you. The accents and pronunciation vary so much that it becomes a constant source of entertainment for us. I totally love my class.

2 comments:

Azra Raphael said...

parties and dancing all night long?
enjoy when u can,i say!

Mohua said...

@raphael
thanks buddy.. i m seizing every moment that i can!