Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Of Friends and Farewells


First things first... i wrote this peice a long time ago but forgot to update it (ya right i am that clumsy) and secondly its more in a conversational diary writing style. So do not expect somthing great out of this (as if you do, too bad, but it boosts up my ego to live in delusions.) Also the initial response to this write up wasn't exactly great, but still here i am posting this. Try and enjoy!!!

A few days ago, two of my best friends “just dropped by to say hi” (by the way one is a school friend and other a college buddy but they are friends too!!!) and brought along with them a few surprises… a cake, a card and a beautiful stuffed toy. That was for my farewell party, thrown exactly a month before I leave for Bangalore. After all the melodramatic songs and dances, followed by tear jerking promises to stay in touch, and planning what connections to take so that we can stay connected (the pie on the cake being my mum also shed a few tears, after all she also does not want to be left behind), I took them out for a gol gappa and ice cream treat (I was forced to) and a trip to my old school which my college friend wanted to undertake. As the school was closed (we are super intelligent, we went in the evening) we saw all the closed doors and windows, deserted passages and hallways, empty class rooms and black boards, and had the entire playground for ourselves, though there wasn’t anything that we could play.(now are you happy darling?) After sharing all the old anecdotes with her (mostly embarrassing, buddies never forget that!) we all thankfully came back home, me with my left over dignity (secretly I loved the trip, it was as if all my old memories came alive in an instant.)

Now my best friend Reema is threatening to write a diary sharing all the intricate details about my life (ya she’s my partner-in-crime and knows all about me, even the details of my school life, by the way do you remember shobha's mam's interpretation of 'comrade-in-arms' lolz) and that is also supposed to be my farewell gift (surprise mind u!!!) and also Chetan Bhagat’s latest offering, which she has already started reading before me (again a surprise, oh dear you are so good at keeping surprises from me, I simply love you… chuckles.) What I fear the most is that it’ll more turn out to be a sensational soul-baring autobiography, and all the pranks and jokes and double crosses will be exposed. Not to forget the loooong list of my crushes and “affairs” (her inventions completely)… ahh I am scared even at the thought of it. But I have my own ways of taking revenge and I am making her fill questionnaires (that’s her embarrassing part… woopiii!!!) Lets see what turns out in the final, by the time I am keeping my fingers crossed and counting my days out.

Hey, by the way, I also visited my relatives last week and the same tear jerking melodrama followed suit there as well (though it had its own brownie points… I did lots of shopping, watched several movies in the theatre, whatever I desired to eat was prepared and others had to bear that, I got a lot of gifts, visited lots of places and nobody asked for a treat in return too) and as for drama, my friends fondly call me ‘nautanki’ and ‘drama queen’, though I also think the same about them. Lolz. So that was how my past one month went. hope i have been able to summarise it justly and without divulging too many secrets.

6 comments:

Azra Raphael said...

so the drama queen is leaving for her new destination,

all the best gurl!!!!
may the nicest things happen with u, plus surprises all thru..

Mohua said...

@raphael

thanks dear... evn m keeping ma fingers crossed...

Unknown said...

mohua....even i hv askd u to fill the same questionairre for me.....so hws it nw.i've made it evn.n wl nt mis u...bt ya wl surely keep buzzing you ovr your celphone n ofcrs ovr r blogs.

Mohua said...

@reema
sure dear i'll write it (i guess revenges do back fire sometimes, lolz)n ya we'll definately keep in touch n v wnt miss each other cz v wnt giv each other enuf space to do that... luv u too.. n keep visiting...

Unknown said...

hv a grt stay and hopefully u'll get wht u want.(boys and money) wld mis u a lot!

Mohua said...

@krittika
wud miss u too jaan... n ya m keeping ma fingers crossed too... [;)]