Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cute? Is that your problem?

Why do guys mind being called ‘cute’? I mean when you appreciate honesty in a girl, and praise her when she dares to call a spade a spade on the face; then what is the big deal about her calling you ‘cute’ when she actually does find you cute? This is one question that has never failed to baffle me, and I am desperately trying to search for its answer. See, agreed, that my definition of “cute” differs from others, but then I am entitled to have my own opinions. I find a friend of mine very very cute (and he hates the tag, and jokes about it), I even find pups, kitties and small babies very cute (especially the roly poly ones.. the latest being the baby Krishna.. he’s too cute and I am in love with him.) In the institute there’s a guy who looks like a cute grown up baby and I have christened him Cutie Pie.. But I am not supposed to call him that in public. Why? Because he thinks only girls can be called cute. His best friend tells me that it hurts his male ego. So does manliness lies in looking macho? Just in that? AJ said that, “Cute sounds a touch girly. Guys would better be known as tough, rough, macho etc. So they would like if you find them cute but hate it if you say so in public. Male ego.” I say bullshit. I give nick names to all my friends who are really special to me, and prefer being called by my nick name only by them. That’s my way of showing that I care. That they are close to me. That they mean something to me. But no.. now I know how true it is that girls are from venus and boys are from mars. Huh. I mean girls love it if they are given a pet name, but boys… they smirk and make a face. I guess “boys will be boys.” Its not only very difficult to understand girls, but guys for me are incomprehensible as well. 

2 comments:

Ashish Gourav said...

exactly!!!
I also didn't like this "cute/sweet" tag.... which I was used to receive 2-3 yrs back when it was a new thing but now I hate this tag......BTW I'm no more cute/sweet so no use of this hate :P
and yes "Girls are from venus" but don't know about us(boys)...heheee

Mohua said...

@Ashish
Well as i have earlier mentioned, this is a way that people show their closeness. Its not that you can give a nickname to everybody, right? Anyways thanks for your comment, hope to see you regularly here!!